Friday 8 May 2015

Infantil Benito Juarez Park

We said goodbye to Cuba and took a flight to Cancun where we'd be for the next leg of the trip. Cancun has no known coasters and the reason for coming here was two-fold; rest and recuperation and to visit Chichin Itza. But just in case I decided to do some research to see if I could find anything, and all within Cancun I could only find one little park and as it was close to the restaurant bit of Cancun we decided to go and check it out.

A tiny little park with a small collection of rides but no visible ride. Street view didn't offer much evidence of a coaster either.

I thought I'd try something a little bit random. It didn't taste of it and didn't give me it. Disappointing.

A little bit of graffiti on the way to our first location.


When we got there we found a plot of land with a collection of travelling rides on it. It didn't look like it had been open for some time.



In the back corner we found a coaster. Malcolm strikes gold again! However it was obvious it would be another coaster that we'd not get to ride. 

But putting it on the map was good enough. I suspect more Americans go to Cancun than anywhere else in Mexico so I know some other enthusiasts will get to it in due course, assuming it ever opens. 

and that was Benito Juarez's park. 


For dinner we went to The Outback restaurant. The food in Cuba was OK but we really wanted a big meaty steak on our first day back in Mexico and this place didn't disappoint. Somehow I was so distracted by the place that I managed to leave my hat behind. 

Malcolm's Hat R.I.P.
2015-2015


No comments:

Post a Comment