Friday 8 May 2015

Fusterlandia

Between visits 2 and 3 to Isla del Coco we decided to head further west to a place called Fusterlandia to pass the time. It sounds like a theme park but it's not. Jose Fuster is a local artist who has a love of mosaics and I can safely say that he went a bit crazy with the tiling at his home.

This is the exterior and you can immediately see what I'm talking about. The place is insane.


It looks like he's over done it with the ceramics and I'm not sure there's much more I can say so I'll just leave the photos for you to wow at.








We were quite fortunate that a private group of Americans had rocked up at the same time as part of an educational tour. This is a way for an American to get into Cuba apparently. What it meant was more of the building was opened up to them, and I think the owners had assumed we were part of the same group so let us in too.










Bonkers just bonkers.





and that was Fusterlandia. Amazing and I'm quite sure the local tiling shop is happy that this guy lives in the neighbourhood.



No comments:

Post a Comment