Friday 8 May 2015

Conclusion

So another epic adventure had come to an end and despite having been to both South Africa and Mexico before I still found so much new stuff that it didn't feel like I was retreading old ground or wasting my time and my highlights of each leg were as follows.

South Africa: Visiting the Rand Fair and riding the Silver Arrow coaster.
Botswana: Seeing African kids having their first rollercoaster experience on the same one I did many years ago.
Mexico: Successfully locating so many new coasters all over the country but especially those close to the airport. I did also like the mine roads of Guanajuato.
Cuba: Just getting to see the country pre-American-Corporate-invasion.

Of course the trip wouldn't happen for me if it wasn't for the driving of Tal and Thomas, so a huge thanks to them that. I can't fault their planning either. We had great hotels, got around everything that we wanted to (and more), and the logistics were tight enough to do everything but flexible enough to be adjusted as our plans changed. Thankyou to Maria for helping out with the translation with some of the parks (you won't believe how happy we were at Romo; even I smiled)

Across the trip we did 35 parks and 10 fairs and rode around 80 rollercoasters. All being well I managed to pass 1700 coasters on this trip, it depends on confirmation on 1 or 2 unconfirmed coasters being agreed.

and if you've made it this far well done for reading, what I think has been the biggest trip report I've ever done. The next one should be much shorter as I'm planning on doing a week in New England with the Coaster Club in June.

Next year will likely be North America too. Who knows though.

Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment